Alpaca Spring Show
Dates: March 27 – 29
Times: 10 AM – 6 PM daily
Location: Edmonton EXPO Centre, Hall A
Unlike their closest relative, the llama, alpacas are not beasts of burden, but are instead bred exclusively for their fiber, which is very similar to wool. Originally from South America, they are rapidly becoming an important part of North American agriculture as well. The 2014 Northlands Farm and Ranch Alpaca Spring Show will serve as both a great introduction for newcomers and an important resource for those already invested in this exciting livestock opportunity.
You’ll be able to learn what happens “From Shearing to Shawl” through presentations of the fine fibers produced by Alpacas and the garments and products made from their fleece. Plus, check out the judged competition and buy whatever catches your eye in the Alpaca Marketplace. For a complete run down of the Alpaca Spring Show events please see the link below:
- A Friesian revival at the Northlands Farm & Ranch Show
- Not your typical Blonde: the Blonde D’Aquitaine makes its debut as the Northlands Farm & Ranch Show 2014 Feature Beef Breed
- You Can’t Cheat on This Test: The school of hard knocks is back in session as students train to compete in the Canadian College Finals Rodeo
- Canadian College Finals Rodeo tickets now on sale
- International Demand for Speckle Park Continues to Increase
Entries Now Open!
Register at BlueRibbonFair.com
Northlands Farm and Ranch Show
March 27-29, 2014 • 10 am to 6 pm daily
Join the conversation.
Follow @NorthlandsAg #NFRS14 #CCFR14